Saturday, October 15, 2011

Walk for ALS

Did the walk for ALS with family and relatives. It's always fun to get people together for a good cause. I have grown to love this yearly tradition. Lou Gehrig's disease killed both of my grandfathers. It's bugged me that every year, the whole event seems very shoddy. It does not seem like it's planned very well and they have lost a lot of sponsors over the 5+ years we have been attending. Meh, I'll always enjoy being with family to walk for such a great cause.

As lame as it sounds, I drove my first time on the highway today. It really was not bad at all. I drove to the walk with my love, and I drove up to New Hampshire to go apple picking with my brother and his wife. It was the perfect day to go too! The air was chilly, the sun was out, the wind was blowing the leaves around and the smell of NH and the orchard put me in such a good mood. I had an amazing 2 days off in a row, I wish it would be that nice every time I have a day off.

I also raced my sister in-law home on the highway. I definitely could have won!

No comments:

Post a Comment